Monday, March 12, 2012

Project Simplify: kids clothes

I'm joining up with Tsh from Simple Mom for a Spring decluttering fest called Project Simplify. Over the next four weeks (well technically three weeks as we started last week but I am late) we'll be sorting out different hotspots in the home. This week was the kids' room.

I didn't think it would take me too long to sort out this area as a) they don't have many toys and b) I sorted out the toys downstairs a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to good old Ikea it literally takes 5 minutes to tidy up in the evening.

My hotspot was their clothes, which we keep in the spare room (easier to put things away and get ready for the next day while they're asleep). As this room is also the guest room, it's the place we tend to chuck stuff thinking we'll sort it all out one day and of course don't. Not the most zen place for our visitors to stay...


I did the sorting in two one hour slots, whilst listening to some podcasts. I filled four binbags - two with rubbish, one with girls clothes and one with boys clothes, which I can give to friends. I've put to one side some things I can sell (they're in one of the little drawers) and kept one big drawer free for visitors.

Just after I finished my Dad called asking if they can come over at the end of month. Phewf, no last minute tidying up for me this time!

Next week, the pantry and fridge. Gulp...

1 comment:

  1. This is just great! I do really enjoy this kind of articles.I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great
    read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    Kids Clothing Stores Online

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...