Saturday, March 17, 2012

Project Simplify - food for thought

I'm linking up with Simple Mom again today for week two of Project Simplify. The hotspots to declutter this week were the fridge and the pantry. As we have an open space downstairs so I was able to attack these areas bit by bit throughout the week, whilst at the same time keeping an eye on the kids.

I didn't do before and after photos as the fridge was, well, a fairly well-used fridge (read: grubby!) and the pantry, well, much the same and I didn't want to hurt my poor reader's delicate eyes (read: I was too ashamed!).

So, instead I took photos of what I had to put in the bin. Firstly from the fridge:
I must say I am sighing a sigh of relief whenever I open the fridge now.

On to the pantry and things were much better:


Although I did find four boxes of red lentils! In our defence I have to say they are difficult to find in the supermarket so when we see them we pounce. But clearly don't use them enough...

I also cleared a drawer of twelve empty jars. I'm keen on storing food items in glass jars as you can see what's in there and it's better than plastic, but all this surplus takes up a lot of space. 


Confession time: I didn't take the plunge to recycle these lads, I mean, there may be a kid craft round the corner requiring a jar, some buttons that need to be stored, the list goes on. So I transferred them to a different drawer!! Don't tell Tsh..

Whilst purging the kitchen my thoughts turned to purging our weekly food menu. Out with the winter stodge (and turnips thank goodness) and in with spring! 

Have you been doing any spring cleaning recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...